some trouble with PASV/EPSV (Re: FTPd Server Side implemented in Rev!!!)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Fri Aug 13 15:58:59 EDT 2004

On Aug 13, 2004, at 1:34 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Passive ftp connections are weird. You may run into more firewall
> problems, since I know you've already encountered those in other
> situations.

Mark,

yes, I am beggining to hate proxies and firewalls from the deep of my
heart. The problem is that I must support passive connections (PASV and
EPSV) for that's the way browsers connect to ftp daemons. Browsers are
very talkative blokes, they don't like listening, so if you fail to
support passive connections they'll just give up trying. since I am
integrating everything in my server side libs, I must support
browsers...

I think my code is right. Server send a EPSV/PASV command, I shout the
port I am now listening and start accepting connections on that port.
The connections never arrive. When using the command-line ftp tool, it
works flawlessly, when using browser, it fails to connect to the
dataport, the control port works fine.... any clue?

cheers
Andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004