Educational uses for Rev / typing Japanese

kweto nrkweto03 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 23:41:57 EDT 2004

On Friday 13 Aug 2004
Alejandro Tejada asked:

> Do you think that RunRev and Transcript have
> a chance to get introduced to english students
> and japanese english teachers?

I have no idea. I hope so! And I think there's a Japan-based RunRev users
group?

> Are you able to type EASILY Japanese with unicode
> characters within RunRev fields?

I don't know? From my experience with MC, I've been assuming that with
RunRev too I'd have to cut'n'paste Japanese text into fields. So, after
Alejandro Tejada asked I checked out and, yes!, I can not only type but also
edit Japanese text directly within a field. Wow!

But, there's still a mismatch between some shift-key and punctuation
characters on my keyboard and how these characters actually appear onscreen
within a script field or the message box. For example, if I type these
characters in a script field...

&'():]+*}

the corresponding result onscreen is...

^&*('\:"|