PostgreSQL 8 beta avail.

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Aug 11 16:30:57 EDT 2004

Hello List,

And the good news is that this PostgreSQL 8.0 issue will be, beside the
*NIX and Mac OS X, issues, the first one natively available for the
windows platform too (no more curses emulation at all) !!!

PostgreSQL 8.0 will support many new improvements, including
tablespaces magagment and lots more. For production state apps, it's
still recommanded to use the PostgreSQL 7.4.3 issue...

PostgreSQL : the most  friendly ACID RDBMS available to suit our
WEB/EAI oriented Revolution centric developments (beside the expensive
Sybase ASE 12.5 and before the less suitable Oracle 10g).

Best, Pierre

Le 11 août 04, à 21:22, Dave LeYanna a écrit :

> FYI The beta version of PostgreSQL 8.0 is available. The Windows
> installer
> went without a hitch and it comes with a Windows admin utility. I'll be
> trying it out with Rev over the next couple of days...
>
> Dave

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours