errorDialog Message question

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Aug 11 15:09:56 EDT 2004

On Aug 11, 2004, at 12:01 PM, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> Thanks, Dar, but I am looking for an IDE-wide solution for a script
> editor I'm writing and I need to do my own execution error dialogs.
> Don't think "try" will do the trick other than in a handler where I
> use it. Maybe there's more to your comment and I don't understand it,
> though. Let me know if I'm missing the point.

What you have is probably what you want, but I should probably clarify
something.

The 'try' works for all execution with its scope, not just in the same
handler.  That is, it applies to called functions and commands.  Maybe
that is what you meant by "in a handler", but I thought I'd mention
this.

I don't have my 'throw' schema integrated with what Revolution throws,
so I use 'try'.  Also, there is some interesting behavior in making
sure you get the right errorDialog.

Dar Scott