errorDialog Message question

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Wed Aug 11 01:24:51 EDT 2004

Gang,

I've been in the archives looking for others who may have had trouble
with the errorDialog message.

While most of the posts dealt with the errorData this message delivers,
my problem revolves around trapping this message with a handler in the
IDE. I am developing a script editor and want to handle my own
execution errors.

It seems the revBackScript is the only one getting any errorDialog
messages in the Rev 2.2 IDE. If I lock error dialogs, then I get the
message, but I can't put a lock error dialog statement in every
handler, now can I? I've tried inserting a script in back like
revBackScript, but it doesn't matter where I put it, I don't get
errorDialog messages unless I remove revBackScript.

I know Richard has been mucking about with this rascal, maybe he knows
the path to salvation?

Help, please.

-Jerry Daniels