wait with messages

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Aug 10 16:37:06 EDT 2004

On Aug 10, 2004, at 2:06 PM, K wrote:

> Sorry, I did not explaine the situation well enough.  I seems that
> when I execute a wait with messages for a specific contition and
> another event execute a wait with messages on a different condition
> the seconds wait cancels the first.

The waits will nest.

You should use an event style of programming; the multi-threading style
will not work.

You can poll with a send-in-time cycle.  Or you can use a setProp or
other changing function, to send a message upon a change of some
parameters or variables.

The Primer on Message Mechanics might give you some ideas, too.  Find
it here:

      http://www.swcp.com/dsc/revstacks.html

The basic idea of the event style is that each event (user action or
I/O event or delayed message created with send) makes a change to the
state of your program perhaps such that other user action or I/O events
or delayed messages are destined to come, all creating the behavior you
want.

Dar Scott