3d graphics in RR/MC [again]

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Aug 7 21:41:53 EDT 2004

On Aug 7, 2004, at 7:18 PM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> Download the stack Rotater Manipulator from:

Thank you. Yes, I always find such simulations impressive and
interesting. Scott Rossi has another such stack with similar
attributes.

But I think you would have to admit, that beyond the academic, this
nature of 3D is of limited practical value, and does not represent the
beginnings of a potential system, but rather the extent of what is
currently possible in the environment. While they do instill in me a
great respect for the authors, I don't find these examples at all
encouraging. I find them more like road signs which say "Dead End".
(But very cool code, nonetheless.)

For 3D to be truly viable, there would have to be some assistance
provided by the operating system and the graphics card. Which, in an
x-plat scenario points to openGL.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.