Localizer - Transcriptlator - opinion request

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 10:56:33 EDT 2004

on Sat, 7 Aug 2004
xavier bury wrote:

> I wrote a transcript translator engine for c,
> pascal, basic
> which also handles parts of fortran, php, flash,
> java and js.

This is extraordinary!

If you have a website, you could
provide this service via a Rev CGI.

The user enters your webpage, paste their
code in a field and click on buttons to
set options and send the data to your
stack running in RevCGI.

I have cgi running in my site, if you are
interested to make this available this way.

> If there is interest or need for them, I will put
> this or both
> stacks in my priority list.

Are you going to comment on every translation?

This will become like a Rosetta stone for
developers. It's an exciting development tool.

> For your info, the translators take care of
> translating the
> basics of any language into Transcript. It's not 100
> perfect
> naturally but it saves you about 80% of the time in
> translating
> from one language to transcript.

It'll be highly useful if you provide
comments on the translation choices
along with the translation.

I'm sure that some expressions could be
handled in different ways. An explanation
is always welcome.

So, When do we see this tool? :-))

al

=====