Plea to sell Dan's book widely

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Fri Aug 6 11:21:21 EDT 2004

On Aug 6, 2004, at 7:19 AM, Dave LeYanna wrote:

> Is his book "self-published"?,

Nope. RunREv set up a publishing group to handle it. In a sense, RunRev
has self-published it. I own the rights to the eBook version and Kevin
and I have discussed doing a POD deal but such a relationship can
confuse the issue when you're trying to line up a "real publisher."

> if so I can help save some costs because I am
> a partner in a Printing On Demand publisher. We do ISBN and everything
> including a listing in "Books in Print". I'm sure that I'm cheaper than
> anyone else. PLUS we are on demand meaning that he doesn't have to buy
> any
> up front inventory.

I publish another self-published book with CafePress and although I'm
delighted with their service, promotion and marketing remains my
problem, of course.

> BTW how far has he progresses on the three vol. set? I purchased the
> "Pre-pub" deal (option C) and haven't heard a thing since the pre-pub
> of
> vol. one.

There have been a few posts on the list about this. Kevin Miller and I
decided some time ago to turn our efforts to finding a "real publisher"
to handle Vol. 1 and to put together a publishing plan for Vols. 2 and
3. Meanwhile, I release occasional individual chapters (only two so far
with a third in draft mode now) free to those who joined my RevPros
community at the Leader level and $5 each to everyone else who is in a
hurry for a particular chapter and doesn't want to wait for the other
volumes to be finished en masse.

I will communicate with you offlist about your membership.