GradientsN2O

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri Aug 6 07:13:52 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

Im quite distressed. Abraham sent me a screenshot of GradientsN2O on MacOSX
and it looks like as if I had been doing quite a mix of psychodelic drugs
last night (could be his screengrabber did too!) ;)

Two problems:
1) the menus use a backpattern is not sized to Mac's liking. I believe this
is because the size of the backpattern used in the menu buttons is not the
Mac "wanted" size (must by a power of 2)...
2) the left most button has a fixed size and changes its icons which are
different sizes. Why does it look like the icon size overrides the buttons
size?

Makes you wonder why it works so nice on windows without respecting any
sizes and why the mac must have these sizes or screw everything up...

After the major major pain I had making those menus work as they are
supposed to, Im just so discouraged to see this... I guess it will be a
Windows/Linux release for the moment. I'll fix those graphics later this
weekend if I muster the patience. Maybe a stupid plain backdrop for macs if
there is no better solution. Too bad for the cool hilitedpattern I pained
myself to do... Overide code for macs all over too... AAAARGH.

Is anyone using Linux that can confirm any visual problems?

Why must we limit our programming environments with such stupidity and
shortsight? OK, the Mac has it's old toolbox programming limits but must we
linger in these limits to deliver 21st century software? Is there no way to
have a mode of sorts that overides these bad behaviors/habits/limits?

Is RunRev planning to kill these limits soon?

cheers
Xavier