Way to mimic what this page does?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 5 23:00:45 EDT 2004

On Aug 5, 2004, at 8:36 PM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> I need to see if it's possible to save a cookie in IE in Mac OS X,
> using the
> parameters that you see on this site.   I would define those
> parameters in
> Revolution and save them as variables.   I'd need to somehow pass
> those variables
> to something that saves a cookie in the same format that this web-site
> saves
> the cookie.   From what I've been learning about cookies, it's
> sounding like I
> need to be on the same "domain" when saving cookies as the web-page
> that
> reads the cookie - - - is that correct?   If that is correct then I'm
> clueless as
> to how you'd go about telling Rev to mimic "being on a domain" in
> order to
> save a cookie.   The good news is that Rev doesn't have to read the
> cookie - - -
> just write it.

Maybe you can get IE to open a "web page" at a specialized port in the
application, that is, connect to a server on the same computer that is
really in your application.  The application sets the cookies.

On approach to the domain problem is to make the cookies widely
available.

Maybe IE also allows cookie management by AppleScript.  Well, I said
maybe.

Dar Scott