Rev Web Solutions?

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Tue Aug 3 04:00:47 EDT 2004

Le 2 août 04, à 18:56, Hershel Fisch a écrit :

> On Monday, August 2, 2004, at 06:18 AM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

>>> Now technical what is the difference between the two methods ?
>>
>> 1.- worked fine years before the introduction of the RevDB lib
>> 2.- those MC/Rev applications servers are only doing what they are
>> doing the best : working on the data presentation layer, in beetwin
>> the Web server (one side) and (second side) the shell() + psql
>> connector to the ACID compliant PostgreSQL RDBMS.
>> 3.- works fine and very fast in all situations, including
>> administration tasks alike new databases and tables creations or
>> automatic "pg_dump" (backups) operations without stopping the
>> production statu of the PostgreSQL server.
>> 4.- least but not least : i didn't, at this time, got enought time to
>> test RevDB and see if it's mature in about handling critical
>> production tasks (over 400 connections/secs, 75% write mode
>> transactions).
> Well the the db library in my opinion is good and fast , I do all kind
> of SQL work without any problems.

That's a good news reminding me that i will have to test and learn how
to use it as soon as possible ;)

> but I'd still like to try out and see how to work with shell() for
> other things as you mentioned above for maintenance purposes . The
> question, where I can get some education on that .

About general PostgreSQL + Metacard/Revolution posts :
<http://www.google.com/search?
as_sitesearch=lists.runrev.com&num=20&q=postgresql>
About handling a PostgreSQL back-end from Revolution in CGI mode :
<http://www.google.com/search?
as_sitesearch=lists.runrev.com&num=20&q=postgresql+sadhu>
About handling a PostgreSQL back-end from Revolution set up as a
web/eai applications server :
<http://www.google.com/search?
as_sitesearch=lists.runrev.com&num=20&q=postgresql+sahores>

The main site for PosrgreSQL stuffs, news, events :
<http://www.postgresql.org/>
Cool PostgreSQL news : <http://pgreplicator.sourceforge.net/>
About PostgreSQL specifics to the MacOSX platform :
<http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/>

Best, Pierre