Pamela nightmare over: post-mortem

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Aug 2 13:45:40 EDT 2004

pkc-

Monday, August 2, 2004, 8:25:34 AM, you wrote:

p> Regarding the immortal dialog stack that nobody could kill (Andre
p> suggested that MetaCard could be lethal to it, however), and which
p> Andre has immortalized in his screen shots:  What seemed to have
p> happened (before the no-Windows crisis) was that I downloaded an
p> alternative dialog stack because I hated the three-mile-wide default
p> dialog thing.  Once it was brought in as a substack, it appeared in
p> the application browser, and seemed to always pre-empt Revolution's
p> own dialog stacks in the IDE. It was a strange neon color so I
p> fiddled with it, but it always looked ugly and finally I zapped it.
p> But, as Andre discovered, it did not die.  There was absolutely no
p> way to get it out of the stack.  You could disappear it from the
p> browser and save, but when you reopened the mainstack it would
p> reappear again. I figured it kept appearing in the IDE because it had
p> somehow preempted the Revolution dialog stacks, but in that case why
p> did it keep reappearing in the application browser as if it belonged
p> in my application even though it was now working for the IDE?

(putting on my tin-foil hat...) is there some chance that the
alternative dialog stack you downloaded had the same name as the
original in the IDE and somehow got saved over it? Or took precedence
over it in the message hierarchy?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net