Rev Web Solutions?

Hershel Fisch hershrev at realtorsgroup.us
Mon Aug 2 12:56:33 EDT 2004

On Monday, August 2, 2004, at 06:18 AM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Le 2 août 04, à 06:24, Hershel Fisch a écrit :

>>> Take care about the fact that the way i expose don't use the RevDB
>>> lib but direct shell() calls to the psql PostgreSQL's server-side
>>> connector.
>> Now technical what is the difference between the two methods ?
>
> 1.- worked fine years before the introduction of the RevDB lib
> 2.- those MC/Rev applications servers are only doing what they are
> doing the best : working on the data presentation layer, in beetwin
> the Web server (one side) and (second side) the shell() + psql
> connector to the ACID compliant PostgreSQL RDBMS.
> 3.- works fine and very fast in all situations, including
> administration tasks alike new databases and tables creations or
> automatic "pg_dump" (backups) operations without stopping the
> production statu of the PostgreSQL server.
> 4.- least but not least : i didn't, at this time, got enought time to
> test RevDB and see if it's mature in about handling critical
> production tasks (over 400 connections/secs, 75% write mode
> transactions).
Well the the db library in my opinion is good and fast , I do all kind
of SQL work without any problems. but I'd still like to try out and see
how to work with shell() for other things as you mentioned above for
maintenance purposes . The question, where I can get some education on
that .
Thanks, Hershel