Pamela crisis probable resolution

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Aug 2 01:58:44 EDT 2004

Pamela,

I just got here a bit late, and don't have my Mac here at home, so I
can't get to the iDisk file anyway..and besides, it looks like Ken's
identified the problem.

I would agree with Richard's notion of removing any images inside the
stack and trying again. For what it's worth, I only use images made in
Photoshop and saved as JPG, BMP or GIF inside Rev. Rev can be somewhat
strict in it's interpretation of image file format.

Also, I would recommend trying the altClean plugin at:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginDownload/Downloads.htm

If you don't want to install the toolbar, just open it up like a regular
stack...palette it, and run it. It will delete some of the customProps
RR uses but won't affect performance. It also compacts, remove script
colors, recompiles all scripts in the stack, etc.

Lastly, I would also recommend you consider using the free altArchive
plugin when developing in Revolution. IMO, it's the single 'musthave'
plugin we have. It will place a save icon on the altPlugin toolbar,
which when pressed will issue a 'save' from RR and then incrementally
backup the new saved version with a "00X.rev" extension to a folder
named "archive" at the same level as the file you're saving. This way,
you can 'roll back' to multiple different versions at any time.

Keep us posted on your successes.

best,

Chipp