Pamela crisis --some progress

pkc pkc at mac.com
Sun Aug 1 22:26:13 EDT 2004

The small dummy app I built for my students went through and ran fine
at their end. So, the setup I have does not object to a stack with a
single window in it.

Now, working on Andre's theory that the altered dialog stack is the
villain, I built an independent mainstack, copied the elements from
the old mainstack to it, pointed all the substacks EXCEPT the evil
dialog stack, did a global change of the scripts, saved and closed.

I'm going to build that thing now. Those of my students who are night
owls (or just eager to pass the course) may get back to me within an
hour or so with results.

I should say, I tried to kill this stack many times.  I deleted it,
saw it disappear from the application browser, saved, closed, and
when I reopened it was always there.  It is not at all unruly and, as
you can see in Andre's web production, looks rather nice (?).  But I
THINK it is true that I downloaded the alternative stack and plugged
it in between the good builds and the bad builds (unfortunately for
scientific purposes, about the same time I upgraded to Rev 2.2CR2. So
this is an extremely good theory. If I could have killed the stack
that might have solved it, but it kept coming back from the beyond.

More soon, I hope.  Many thanks for all the good ideas.
Pamela