Any COMPLETE database solutions for Rev? (& thanks to all of u)

JKValdez runrev at jkvaldez.com
Fri Apr 30 10:23:23 EDT 2004

I have just begun using Rev. Naturally I have combed through the
very helpful built-in documentation and HC/MC/RR list archives. I'm
amazed at the quality of Rev's community support! All of you who
participate on this & other boards/lists are to be commended, highly
commended. Thanks to all of you, especially Chip, Dar, Jan, Richard,
Rob, Sarah, Tuviah, & many others.

As I mentioned, I have read through all the threads on building
database front end clients. It was easy to script a connection to
MySQL & perform queries & add other features, too--I thought I was
well on my way. But I have learned first hand that there's some
missing pieces (as others on the list have also mentioned).

I think all of the SQL dB posts ultimately are looking for a
complete Rev solution. So does anyone have a *COMPLETE* IDE for
making dB apps with Rev (something that resembles perhaps Filemaker
or Access)? How about any tools or *most importantly* a full
featured sample stack? Is anyone interested in teaming up on
delivering this? I am willing to pay for these resources, but I need
to determine the feasibility of making these front ends in Rev very
soon, or I need to choose some other technology like Servoy.

Any feedback is most welcome. TIA!

(OT - I'm curious if any of you are using Rev on Suse linux. I'm
experiencing problems in the IDE where windows & palettes disappear
& the script editor cannot be evoked. Just curious.)