Demo Show Stopper - Save File Dialog

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Apr 27 00:18:39 EDT 2004

> go to stack "full-path/Stack1.rev"
>
> and in another place
>
> go to stack "full-path/Stack2.rev"
>
> Now, both Stack1.rev and Stack2.rev get displayed ok. They both have
> close boxes. When I press the Close Box on Stack1.rev when running
> from the IDE it displays the IDE "Do you want to save this stack?"
> dialog, but it doesn't for Stack2.rev.
>
> I've tried to spot the differences between them, but there doesn't
> *seem* to be any real difference. They have similar controls on them
> and similar scripts.

1. Why does it happen? I would guess that something in the scripts
(open or preOpen stack or card) is changing something (a field, a
button hilite, a custom property) so the IDE thinks you have changed
something.

2. How to stop it happening? When I get sick of this happening in the
IDE, I remove the close box and replace it with a Close button that
saves the stack and then closes it. This avoids the problem while in
the IDE, but even so, you would be much better to use a standalone for
your demo. If you are actually demoing the IDE, then a Save stack
dialog will be expected. If you are demoing an application, then you
don't need to have the IDE running at the same time.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/