Demo Show Stopper - Save File Dialog

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 26 17:50:19 EDT 2004

On 4/26/04 3:05 PM, David Burgun wrote:

> I am not so worried that RR haven't fixed it, I am more worried that
> having got the Stack file into a state that causes this to happen, that
> no one seems to know what to do to undo it!

I suspect that some people aren't responding because they don't see it
as a terribly major problem. At least, I didn't, since the "problem"
will only occur in the IDE and it won't affect your stack or any
standalone you build. I am quite sure you don't have to rebuild the
stack or even necessarily fix it. All you are trying to do is get rid of
a cosmetic issue.

Chipp's plugin may help. Here's another thing you can do just to narrow
things down:

Quit and relaunch Rev. Make sure the browse tool is selected. Open the
problem stack. Do nothing. Immediately close the stack. Does it ask you
to save?

If not, then some action you routinely take is triggering the change in
the global that tracks this. If so, then your stack was saved with some
property that triggers the behavior.

If it does ask you to save, then try removing all breakpoints from your
scripts (since you noticed that in your comparison) and re-save the
stack. Open it and immediately close it. Does it still ask to save?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com