Explicitly calling a Function is a Stack Script

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Apr 25 22:26:39 EDT 2004

> Doesn't this presuppose that the Stack in in Memory, for instance
> would this work:
>
> >   put value("test()",stack "Test1.rev")
>
> When stack Test1.rev has been removed from memory. I'd try it but the
> stack I was using to experiment with these things blows away the IDE,
> and I don't have time to recreate it, cos I've got to work on the
> real application.

Yes, it works. I modified my handler to call the stack by explicit path:

STACK "TEST1"
=================
stack script:

function test
   return "Hello"
end test

STACK "TEST2"
button script:

on mouseUp
   put value("test()",stack "/Users/kenray/desktop/rev stacks/Test1.rev")
end mouseUp

And it worked just fine.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software