Copying .app file and preserving icon

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Sun Apr 25 20:56:49 EDT 2004

I'm afraid that didn't work for me either - - - it yielded the same result
as revCopyFile and revCopyFolder - - - it did successfully copy the file to the
 desktop, but rendered it useless and lost the icon.
Anyone have luck trying this?
1)  Make a standalone applescript application
2)  Paste a custom icon onto it.
3)  Try copying it to your desktop using revCopyFile, revCopyFolder,  or the
undocumented revCopyPackage.
4)  See if the Applescript application is still usable, and see if it  still
contains your icon.
monte at sweattechnologies.com writes:

Try  the undocumented but equally useful revCopyPackage  command

Cheers

Monte

>I want to have my Revolution  application copy a standalone .app file from
>the defaultFolder to the  user's desktop in Mac OS X.  I'm close, but
>something's up - - -  after I copy it using the revCopyFolder
>command, the app  is
>rendered useless.
>Basically, the application copies to the  desktop (where I wanted
>it to, but
>it shows up as a blank text  document icon.)  It is the correct
>file size   and
>correct name.  It is no longer an app, however, and is  unusable when  you
>click on it.
>I'm using the  following:
>put specialFolderPath("desktop") & "/MyProgram.app"  into  destinationplace
>revCopyFolder "MyProgram.app",  destinationplace
>Not that it should matter, but the .app file is an  Applescript
>"standalone"
>app.
>I tried copying this .app  using revCopyFile and revCopyFolder (I'm
>assuming
>I'd use  folder, since .app files are actually   folders.)

use-revolution  mailing  list
use-revolution at lists.runrev.com