Using seconds in Revolution

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 15 00:07:26 EDT 2004

On 4/14/04 8:21 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> While I haven't encountered the short & long day problem, there is a
> severe problem with the convert command if your system uses
> daylight-saving. Basically, EVERY call to the convert command, adds an
> hour to the time converted, if daylight saving is on. There are numerous
> reports in bugzilla about various date conversion problems (62, 816,
> 1124, 1162) and I am trying to get the folks at RunRev to see this as a
> critical problem.

I just looked at the above bugs. I get the same results as were reported
with #62; that is, I get a 2 instead of a 0 when converting a plain date
to date items when no time is specified.

The others work okay for me though, and I don't see any extra hour added
to the conversion results. I'm in daylight time right now in the U.S.
Could it be related to time zones outside the U.S.?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com