Help with paste...

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Apr 10 11:43:45 EDT 2004

Something is  happening for sure and it does point to Rev.

The  curly quote for the font I'm in shows clearly in the InDesign
gliphs palette as assigned GID 210,

This is the same ASCII code one  will get if you actually type a curly
quote in a Rev field itself and query for its ASCII code.

but, if I copy a inDesignCurlyQuote(210) and paste into Rev. it gets
converted to someWeirdRevAssignment(28) which is not a

  a valid character assignment in BBEdit's ASCII table, but falls in the
sub-character range usually reserved for low-level machine
codes-signals.

??

I am also getting extra spaces thrown in by Rev before these
characters... the work around is, in my verbose "baby" xTalk mode of
coding:

  case "Clean Text"
     put the selection into jai
     replace "”"  with quote in jai
     replace "“"  with quote in jai
     replace "’"  with "'" in jai
     replace "‘"  with "'" in jai
     replace numToChar(4) with ""  in jai
     replace numToChar(28) with Quote  in jai
     replace numToChar(29) with Quote  in jai
     replace numToChar(24) with "'"  in jai
     replace numToChar(25) with "'"  in jai
     put "? " & quote into tExtraSpace
     put "?" & quote into tSpaceOut
     replace tExtraSpace with tSpaceOut in jai