News: Retrolution 4 Released

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Apr 3 02:13:07 EST 2004

Christopher...I stand corrected.

The original Lisa had dual 'Twiggy' 5-1/4" floppy drives, which were
quite unreliable, and which was soon replaced by the Lisa 2. The Lisa 2
and Lisa 2/5 were essentially the same machine as the original Lisa with
the exception that the dual 'Twiggy' floppy drives were replaced with a
single 400k 3-1/2" floppy drive made by Sony to Apple's specifications.

I'm remembering the Lisa 2 3-1/2" drives were not Twiggy drives. Turns
out the Twiggy drives were famously unreliable.

Interesting bit of folklore:
http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Hide_Under_This_Desk.txt

best,

Chipp

Christopher Mitchell wrote:

> I think Lisa did use Twiggy.
>
> Yours,
> Chris
> On Apr 1, 2004, at 2:38 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
>
>> Bummer, I guess my old Lisa will have to wait for Retrolution 5. BTW,
>> anyone know where to purchase a replacement Twiggy drive? Oh, that's
>> right, Lisa didn't use Twiggy.
>>
>> -chipp
>>
>> Rod McCall wrote:

>>> 4, please find the press release below.