Saving encrypted customProperties outside the app?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 30 11:32:00 EDT 2003

Rob Cozens wrote:

>> What if externals were simplified to be as easy to use as native calls?
>
> Richard, et al:
>
> I guess I would find it difficult to complain too loudly IF that were
> the case AND the externals provided noticeable performance
> enhancements.
>
> In general, my vision for libIPC, revBlowfish, SDB, & other output
> from the revolution_ipc group, is for a package that that installs
> seamlessly on all platforms with no differences except the runtime
> engine.

libIPC and SDB are moving along well and appear ideal as Transcript
libraries.

My only concern is for the performance, usability, and distribution
limitations of revBlowfish.  Mark has done a truly amazing job and deserves
many kudos and at least a six-pack of his favorite beverage in recognition
of what he's accomplished.  But for Blowfish to become a practical option
for general use it would require revisions; like Mark pointed out, its
currently more an example than a product.   I'd sure like to see truly
strong encryption as a pair of functions available for common use.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation