transparent graphic with border visible, windows

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Mon Sep 29 10:47:01 EDT 2003

On Sonntag, Sep 28, 2003, at 17:20 Europe/Vienna, Howard Bornstein
wrote:

> On Sunday, September 28, 2003, at 10:28 AM, Rodney Tamblyn wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me how to make a transparent graphic with visible
>> border on Windows (It's easy on Mac).  The graphic needs to be
>> "opaque" so it will capture mouse clicks, but obviously I want it to
>> show what's underneath, so the ink will in fact make it transparent
>> apart from the border.
>
> Any reason why it *has* to be a graphic. Why not just place a button
> over the area, set the opaque and showname to false, and set the
> border to whatever thickness you want.
>
> Or am I missing something?

I have a similar problem, maybe thats the reason why you cant go with
an opaque btn. I have such a btn over the area as you described. And
this btn is set to apaque on some stacks so the user cant see the area
under the btn and it is set to off that the btn does not work on this
Stacks. This works perfectly on the MAc a blank area on a blank ground
you can see nothing but on windows (builds) you see a ugly grey
rectangle.
I m thinking now how can I solve this problem, but can I do anything,
when it works well on the MAc but not on Win..?
Thanks for any ideas....

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539