Localisation woes...Mac Os X Menubars

Thierry Arbellot thierry.arbellot at wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 27 07:38:00 EDT 2003

>> ***Adding an empty "German.lproj" folder just will translate "Quit
>> Revolution" to
>> "Revolution beenden" and the name of the "Help" menu to "Hilfe"...
>> Will work with any supported language on X, i think...
>> No full translation, but its a start ;-)
> Well that´s what I hoped it would do, BUT:
> If you add an additional french.lproj folder, it´ll be frech in any way
> regardless of the chosen system language. :-(

What have you defined as your preferred language in the System
Preferences?

The OS checks the first language and search for a "lproj" folder with
the same name.
If it can't find the folder, it will check for the second language...

e.g. your preferred language are German then English.
To get menus in German, your must create "German.lproj" folder.
To get them in English, you must create "English.lproj" folder AND
remove "German.lproj".

another example:
you create 3 folders : "English.lproj", "German.lproj" and
"French.lproj"
To display menus in French, you must setup the first preferred language
as French.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Thierry.