Breakpoint problem - how to get out of it?

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Thu Sep 18 19:20:01 EDT 2003

Graham Samuel wrote:

> Folks
>  I've just encountered a problem already bugzilla'd (by Mattias Alveteg)
> as number 639 - Rev 2.1 on the Mac crashes when it reads a stack
> produced in an earlier version of Rev (in my case 2.0r2) which is
> apparently corrupt in some way to do with breakpoint data.
>

> Can anyone think of a better technique? I have deadlines looming.

This is the problem that I have been talking about, the binary file
problem with RR.  It is a BAD THING.  The only way this format can be
used reliably is if there are never any bugs and clearly that is too
much to hope for.

I asked RR support about what to do with corrupted files, and they said
they did not publish the spec for their file format.  The only thing
they offered to do was assist in recovering a file.  I guess you could
send it to them and ask for help.

It may take them a while, so your backups are your only hope AFAIK.

-Steve