[OT] browser plugin patents - warning!

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 09:44:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 10:51  PM, Dar Scott wrote:
>>> I don't think this patent requires TCP/IP.

> This is in the background.  I'm guessing that the important parts of
> the background are those parts that provide definitions for words and
> phrases in the claims.

> This is in the embodiment.
>
> The broadest claim does not mention TCP/IP.
>
> It is interesting that the background mentions HyperCard:

> Dar Scott

Dar,

You caught me. I just love to tell tall tells around the camp fire. I'm
particularly interested in the suit being centered around regards to
the parser technology regarding the use of the <embed> </embed> tag
set. Let's hope that those wishing for Flash integration in Rev were
only hoping it would occur in a player and not in the text field.

Mark