Chunk Expressions (see if my solutions is bad)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 10 18:37:00 EDT 2003

Sarah wrote:

> I have encountered the same problem so I just replace all returns with
> some unusual character before storing, and then put them back when
> retrieving the data.

FWIW, I've standardized on ASCII 11 for cr-in-data placeholders, if only
because that's the character FileMaker Prouses for exports.  I could have
used any uncommon character, but they have a million users so they won. ;)
Also, ASCII 11 is "vertical tab", so it's at least conceptually related and
not likely to be used for some other purpose (as opposed to ASCII 4 "end of
text" for example).

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation