cgi does not do "save stack"

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Sep 10 18:04:15 EDT 2003

> >> Not quite true. You can save a stack but you have to ensure that it's
> >> got the correct write permissions. You probably want it set to 775 or
> >> something.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> Monte
> >
> > Björnke, Monte, Richard,
> >
> > Thanks to you all three. It's good to know that it works !
>
> Actually it does not work for me, even when I chmod the stack to 777. I
> am completely lost what could cause this, and others mentioned too that
> it should work without problem!

Try running your script on the command line. The cCGI engine writes errors
to stderr and apache writes that to the error log. If you can find the error
log then look in there.

Note that if you download Complete Apache 2 from
http://www.serverlogistics.com/apache2.php you will get a nice prefereces
pane to access config files and logs.

Cheers

Monte