modal dialogs and Quit problem

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Sep 10 00:14:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 10:37  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> There may be a way to support OS-specific niceties without losing the
> unprecedented platform-independent convenience we've been enjoying for
> years.  I would advocate we explore those....

How about: set a property for menu items specifying that should get
moved into the App menu on OS X. The property could be an integer: the
menu item's number (placement) in the app menu. If the property is
empty or zero, it would not get moved to the App menu.

This would be more like other the platform specific features of rev, in
that other platforms don't suffer, developer is not inconvenienced, but
we are not prevented from using it.

Does this same problem apply for Mac OS too, or just OS X?

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com