strategies for the default "answer file"

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Sep 3 17:08:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 02:45  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Alex Rice wrote:
>>
>> answer file "pick a file" with specialFolderPath("unknown ID")
> Use:   put specialfolderpath("docs")
>
> A list of Apple constants for "special" folders is at:
> <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Reference/
> Folder_Manager/fo
> lder_manager_ref/constant_6.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30000238/
> C006889>

Thanks. Really I was asking- should "answer file" degrade gracefully if
I messed up on the specialFolderpath? I was seeing behavior where
sometimes it would allow files to be selected, sometimes not. Anyone
else seen something like this?

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com