debug checkpoint from hell

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Wed Sep 3 09:16:00 EDT 2003

>Message: 2
>Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:37:27 +1200
>Subject: debug checkpoint from hell
>From: Rodney Tamblyn <rodneytamblyn at paradise.net.nz>
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>Has anyone else run across the situation where you set a checkpoint in
>a script, then clear it, but the debugger keeps on stopping at the
>script location anyway?  Nothing seems to fix it, not "clear all
>breakpoints", quit and restart, nothing except turning debug mode off.
>Suggestion GREATFULLY received!
>

>~ R.
>--
>Rodney Tamblyn

Rodney,

Yes, I have seen this as well. Once you have tainted your script with
the red menace it is there to stay, seen or unseen. The only way I
have found to clear a checkpoint (red dot) is to insert a comment
line where the checkpoint used to be.

I have found the best way  is to go back to  the old system inserting
"breakpoint" and not using the checkpoints at all.

I like the idea of the checkpoints, but until this bug is fixed, go
back to "breakpoint."

Jim