Command Option

Michael J. Lew michaell at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Oct 29 18:05:50 EST 2003

If you click the Messages button in the toolbar twice it usually
fixes the problem with the command-option thing. I'm pretty sure it
was Kevin Miller who gave me that workaround. It seems that the
problem can be reliably triggered if you cancel all messages in a
script and sometimes if you have to interrupt a script with
command-full stop (command-period for Americans).

After all this time I am surprised that this problem (bad bug, in my
opinion) has not been fixed. In fact, early in the development of Rev
I argued on the list that any command involving only modifier keys
and a vague action like "hover" is dumb. Much better to have
something definite like command-option click in my opinion.

--
Michael J. Lew

Senior Lecturer
Department of Pharmacology