Resources from externals

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Oct 27 19:00:20 EST 2003

On Oct 27, 2003, at 4:47 PM, Gideon Greenspan wrote:

> I am developing an OS X-only project under Runtime Revolution 2.1 with
> an
> external compiled as a Mach-O bundle using Project Builder. I am
> porting
> an application which was originally built on HyperCard and had a lot
> of C
> code compiled into an external XFCN.
>
> Now I want to have some resources accessible from the external code
> using
> the usual GetResource-style calls. I've tried putting the resources
> inside the .rev file, as well as compiling them into the external
> bundle,
> but neither method seems to work. I'd rather not manually mess about
> with
> the resource chain from within the external, since that could cause all
> sorts of problems. Is there any simple way to make resources available
> the external?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I think in addition to your external lib, you can stash various
resources inside the bundle, then use CoreFoundation, Carbon or Cocoa
functions to get the resources at runtime.

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/
CFBundles/index.html>

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>