cross-stack globals, also, file inclusion

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Oct 23 10:21:40 EDT 2003

>Although "incorporate any changes in myConstantList.txt at runtime"
>maybe too much to hope for- would the script have to recompile
>whenever the file is changed?

Alex, et al:

Ideally (?), include file references would be resolved at startup or
the first time each script containing an include statement is run
during a runtime session.

It does occur to me that, since other include file functionality can
be addressed by other methods, perhaps constants could be defined in
a "symbol table list" presented to the engine on startup.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company