Stopping QT movies

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Thu Oct 23 09:31:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am having a problem stopping QT movies under certain circumstances.
Is there a single message  that can stop a currently playing QT movie
without specifying its player?  Actually I think there is such a thing
but I can't seem to find any reference to  it in the documentation.
Here's why I think it exists.

When I leave a card that has a player that is currently playing a QT
movie the movie is automatically stopped.  This happens without me
issuing any commands in a closeCard handler. So I'm thinking that there
is some sort of msg sent to the player by Revolution. I would like to
use this method.

I have tried using the stop command  and the " the showcontroller"
property to stop a single QT mov.  This does seem to work under certain
circumstances.  The method used when leaving a card would seem to be
the easiest and cleanest.

Any body have any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South
Escanaba, MI 49829
www.messimercomputing.com
--
Build Computer-Based Training modules FAST with preceptorTools™ --
Public Beta available Now!