Imagesource property

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Nov 27 19:05:37 EST 2003

Hi Dave,

I do it by building the complete path using the path of the main stack.
Supposing you have your application or stack in it's own folder and in
that folder, you have your "Gifs1B" folder containing the images.

Have a function in your mainStack that gives you the full path to your
images folder as follows:

function getImageFolder
   put the fileName of this stack into tName
   set the itemDel to "/"
   put "Gifs1B" into last item of tName
   return tName & "/"
end getImageFolder

Now when you want to set the imageSource, do something like:

put getImageFolder() & "60034gQ.gif" into itemgif
set the imagesource of char imageplace of fld "test" to itemgif

I have only done this for images rather than characters in a field, but
I am sure it will work.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au