New Here...

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Thu Nov 27 08:19:59 EST 2003

Greetings,

I'm looking for information to help me consider Revolution as an option
for developing more sophisticated databases. I've just downloaded and
unlocked the 30-day example version.

I'm very familiar with FileMaker Pro. I'm somewhat familiar with Access.

Is there anything someone can point me to that provides a compare and
contrast analysis of Revolution to FMP?

Additionally, I've a few questions:

[1] Are there plans to enhance Revolution's AppleEvent awareness? One
of the features I've benefited from with FMP is its robust
AppleScripting capability. It has been a life-saver via
inter-application activities. Automation of graphics generation helped
us reduce our head-count by 60% and product errors by 98% in the first
year of implementation. Currently I see few calls available in
Revolution's AppleScript Dictionary.

[2] If I do development work with the 30-day trial version, can my work
accomplished in that be opened with the live version? I trust so. But
just want to be certain.

Regards,

Chuck