IDE inspectors should reveal all properties

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Nov 26 17:57:41 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 "MisterX" <x at monsieurx.com> wrote:

> In brief, you get a hierarchical view of all your controls, with
> editors for
> content, scripts, all the props and a cool custom props browser. Any
> property
> has it's own menu with all the possible values (color, bool, etc...)
> story and screenshots on my site (compared to MC's old control browser)
> Note the story is one year old. Imagine if I had had more feedback where
> these features could take you today!

Like Dave said, a few of us have developed their own sort of browsers
adapted to their specific needs, which we also have "advertized" here
and there - among them Geoff Canyon, Richard Gaskin, Klaus Major,
myself, and of course the ominous MisterX - so this may explain part of
the lack of feedback to MisterX.

My own Rev and MC browsers,  two years old and available for free, have
also elicited a limited number of responses - maybe somewhat less than
with MisterX's tools ( but I do not keep track how many people download
from my ftp site).

My browsers include a very quick and elaborate script search feature,
which I  use quite often if I analyze stacks or have to adapt stacks
that are somewhat complicated in their structure.

The browsers have been mostly unchanged since two years. An addition
that will be available shortly is a special groups' card where even
"unplaced" backgrounds will be listed and can then be edited. There were
requests for such a feature on the runrev lists.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke