Networking Mac/PC Windows XP

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Nov 25 14:57:30 EST 2003

Howdy,

I have a problem I believe can be solved, but I'm looking for advice.

I want to network these two machines, with only one online dialup
connection, i.e., networked to where one can serve the internet to the
other. Both machines have Cat 5 cable connectors (comm card in the PC), and
I have a crossover cable. What I'd like to do is serve the PC from the Mac
to where I access the internet from the PC,  D/L and install software.

Mainly, I want to D/L the latest RuntimeRevolution beta for Windows, and try
it on the PC without having to disconnect, switch phone cables, redial, etc.
I know I'll have to re-set up the PC in particular. I'm just not sure of the
correct procedure.

Platforms:

1) Mac G4, 350mHz, 500mb RAM, OS 9.2.1

2) Compaq Presario 7360, 500mHz, 256mb RAM, Windows XP Pro

How do I do it?

Many thanks in advance,
Ken N.