No images when copying htmltext from Rev field to email client

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Nov 25 13:55:40 EST 2003

On 11/24/03 9:14 PM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> If I've got a web-page with images and text displayed within an html-enabled
> field in my Revolution app, and I have a button that says:
>
> set the clipboardData["HTML"] to the htmltext of field "htmldisplay"
>
> and then the user does a PASTE from the clipboard to their email app (in this
> case, the AOL email client), I'm finding that the text and text formatting
> pastes ok, but the pictures don't come through (does leave space for the
> pictures, however).

I did some experimenting. It looks like the interpretation of the
clipboard is left up to the receiving application.

If I "set the clipboardData["HTML"]" and then paste into BBEdit, I get
plain text with no styling. If I look at the clipboard in the OS X
Finder, it says it contains styled text, and displays the styling, but
there is no indication of any html code and no image references. If I
paste into a new Mozilla email, I get plain text with no styling and no
image references.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com