Border screen "artifacts" on dynamically moving button on Windows

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Nov 25 10:24:38 EST 2003

thank, Jacqueline

Interesting... both the "armBorder" and the "hiliteFill" were set to
true... although these are properties not available from the property
inspector one sees them in the new "Smart Properties" list... I set
both to false there and closed that palette and go an error message
focus on the script line of Smart Properties which was "set the
disabled of the selected object to false"

So, I assuming that "armBorder" and "hiliteFill" are associated with
the "enabled' or "disabled" condition. I disabled the button, which
then ceased to pass the mouseup to the stack script which is supposed
to trigger the resizing of the artwork for its icon and move it to a
new location.  So then I went back to smart properties and see for some
strange reason that armBorder is still false as I had set it, but the
disabled is true, even though in the property inspector I had disabled
the button. I tried to set disable to false in Smart Properties, got
another script error. Went back to the stack enabled the button (to
make sure it passes the mouseup) and using the msg box, check
armborder... it was still false.

OK , good, I'll ship this out again for testing on Windows with
armBorder set to false...keep fingers crossed, but this whole thing
leads to an important question:

Why are those properties not available in the property inspector? If
this does solve the problem, then the IDE blind sides the developer
and, in this case, leads to a big waste of  time on this one point...