Strings as URL Parameters

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Tue Nov 25 03:50:38 EST 2003

What is the best way to attach a string as a parameter to a URL so that
it gets sent in its entirety and isn't surrounded by quotation marks on
the receiving end?

I have a URL that looks sort of like:

http://www.sitename.com/cgi-name?command@user:pwd@location!
filename=test2.txt&text="This is some text"

Typed into a browser, it works perfectly.

Run from Revolution, only the first word of the text string appears as
a value in file being created on the server. (Actually, the behavior of
this whole thing out of Rev seems erratic to me but I haven't been able
to nail down a pattern. If I could figure out how to do this one thing
reliably, I could probably easily determine if there's a deeper
underlying issue here.)

I searched the archives but couldn't find any help.

I'll appreciate any pointers or thoughts or even random ideas! So far,
this feels like a Rev bug.