cgi create card script question

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Nov 24 03:55:17 EST 2003

On Nov 23, 2003, at 3:14 PM, <pbower at peterbower.com> wrote:

> for the life of me when I have this code in the cgi script.........
>
> start using stack "test1"
> create card
> save stack "test1"
> close stack "test1"
>
> nothing happens.
> The rest of the script runs without a hitch.

Peter, maybe the "save stack" is failing because the user owning the
CGI process does not have write permission on stack file "test1". Web
servers often run as user "nobody", and so it can be tricky getting
permissions just right. However, some web servers have CGI setup as
suexec, which runs the CGI process as your username instead of nobody.

If the permissions issue doesn't pan out, then I would check the web
server error_log file for any messages from runrev

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>