Palette window "stuck" at screenloc? -sb-OS

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Nov 24 00:43:31 EST 2003

> I am have created a small palette stack with a table of contents in a
> field
>
> If I move the palette and close it, then reopen it by script... it
> opens at the screenloc... right on top of the main presentation, dead
> center on the screen.
>
> I can't seem to change this behavior. The goal is to get the palette to
> open with the top left of its rect just under the topleft of the main
> presentation window. Then allow the user to move it off the main
> presentation window if he wants to later, but certainly not right on
> top over   the main window.
>
> case "table of contents"
>    palette "toc" at 200,200
>    break

I don't think there's an at modifier for the palette command??? At least
it's not in the docs. If it's a substack you might want to check the
mainstack positioning script isn't getting triggered. don't forget that the
engine opens windows automatically where they were on the last save so you
may not need to position the window with script. It could be it's just a
message path issue.

Cheers

Monte