Import Full Formated Text

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 20 17:49:40 EST 2003

On Friday, November 21, 2003, at 04:34 AM, tuviah snyder wrote:

>> My wish list to add to REVs built in formatting would be:
>> Base Line shift
>> Line spacing
>> Paragraph Spacing (Before/After)
>> Kerning
>> Line by Line text alignment (Left, RIght, Center, Justify) (This is
>> available in the Content Pane BUT does not come in when importing)
>> Line Tabs (when imported and in Property Insp Content field)

> OK sounds reasonable. Is this just for display of text, or do you need
> to be
> able to edit text.

I would want to go even further and say that Rev could extend the HTML
handling to include most of these features, if possible. like for
example: <alignL> <alignC> <alignR> tag sets. There is no rule that
says you have to stay on the path of W3's HTML 4.0 specs.  If you can
come up with an extended HTML set that makes rendering imported RTF
styles conform to a Rev based standard then you will have the
foundation for creating multiple export formats at a later time.
Designers can even create export formats if they have something
consistent as an extended & robust HTML. I've already created an HTML
parser that produces user based style changes from highlighted text and
menu options, so I could use the improvements to HTML even if they were
not editable.

Mark