BackgroundColor strangeness

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Nov 20 16:45:50 EST 2003

On Nov 20, 2003, at 2:29 PM, Howard Bornstein wrote:

> You're not going crazy (at least not because you're reporting this
> <g>). This bug has been around since the beginning and has been
> bugzilled many times.
>
> The workaround is to place a graphic (or other object) at the bottom
> layer of your stack and color it the color you want your background to
> be. Clunky, but it works, and holds over into the standalone.

Ahah! So that's why I still have a white rectangular graphic in my
project :-)

Relating to this issue is that controls will inherit the
backgroundColor even if there is a white graphic underneath everything
-- I think.

There is also a Win32 registry lookup for getting the color of the
control color for the current Windows user.

Details detail details

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>