Import Full Formated Text

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Nov 19 17:16:26 EST 2003

>So, when you are creating an interactive project or whatever you are
>saying that most people have been content to just start from scratch
>with the text formatting?
>I mean what do you have but Graphics, Movies, Sound and TEXT for
>importing into REV.
>Graphic, Movies and Sound have importing capabilities.
>Why not text? And why has that not been a high priority for most people?
>	I just feel like I missing something if no one else sees this
>as a little bit important to an applications fundamental abilities,
>that's all. I don't think it should matter how big or small a
>company is but rather what they do and how they do it that matters.
>
>Ah, what do I know anyway.
>Tom

Tom - perhaps if you set some simple guidelines for the content
writers so that they are able to produce documents in a form that are
immediately readable by Rev. Rev will import rtf and html files with
a reasonable amount of formatting intact. If on top of this you were
to import tables saved separately from the body of your documents as
tab-delimited files then you might be well on your way.

If however you have no control over the form in which documents are
delivered to you then you may have to edit them (a little or a lot)
before they are in a fit shape to be imported by Rev. This 'problem'
isn't peculiar to Rev by the way. Try opening a Word document in
PowerPoint and see what happens - I can guarantee you'll be 'amazed'
with the results!

Cheers,

Terry...

>On Nov 19, 2003, at 10:33 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:
>>>Does anyone know why fully formated text can not be imported into
>>>REV????
>>
>>Probably because it hasn't been a high priority on anybody's list.
>>>

>>>That's not a lot to ask for. Is it?
>>
>>I'm not an employee but I'm guessing it probably is a lot to ask for a
>>company that is not the size of Adobe, Microsoft, Quark or Macromedia.  You
>>can always add a feature request to BugZilla/RevZilla.
>>Scott Rossi

Dr Terry Judd

Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne